Bright Nickel-Iron alloy electroplating process ; Substitute nickel plating
FI-F2 bright nickel-iron alloy electroplating process is suitable for the electroplating of tubular products, and can be widely used in protective-decorative electroplating of bicycles, furniture, sewing accessories, daily hardware and other products. Using the bright nickel-iron alloy electroplating additive produced by our company, the obtained coating is smooth, bright, and has good ductility. The process bath is stable, easy to operate, saves 15-25% of nickel compared to bright nickel plating, has low nickel content in the base solution, low preparation cost, less carry-out loss and good economic benefits.
1. Bath composition and Operation condition
|Formula and Operation Condition||Range||Optimum|
|Nickel sulfate||180-200 g/L||200 g/L|
|Nickel chloride||40-50 g/L||45 g/L|
|Boric acid||40-50 g/L||45 g/L|
|Ferrous sulfate||10-20 g/L||15 g/L|
|Stabilizer S-1||20-30 ml/L||25 ml/L|
|Brightener F-2||0.5-0.8 ml/L||0.5 ml/L|
|Softener P-2||10-15 ml/L||12 ml/L|
|Area ratio of nickel anode to iron anode||10-15:1|
|Material of iron anode||DT1-DT4|
|Stirring||Cathode movement or liquid stirring|
2. Bath Make-up
1) Clean the standby bath and add 2 / 3 volume of pure water.
2) Add the required amount of nickel sulfate, nickel chloride and boric acid, heat and stir until completely dissolved.
3) Heat to 60 ℃, add 2-5g / L powdered activated carbon, stir for 2 hours, and then stand still for 8 hours or overnight.
4) Filter the solution, add the calculated amount of stabilizer S-1 and stir evenly.
5) Filter the solution into the plating bath and add pure water to close to the final volume.
6) Adjust the pH of the solution to 3.0-3.5 with 10% sulfuric acid.
7) Add the calculated amount of ferrous sulfate.
8) Heat the solution to 60 ℃, use corrugated plate as cathode and electrolytic at current density of 0.2-0.5a/dm2 for 6-8 hours.
9) Add the required amount of additives, mix well, add pure water to the final volume, adjust the pH to the process range, and try plating.