Nickel MAX 870 Rack Nickel Plating Additive
1) Operating Instruction
|Formula and Operation Condition||Range|
|Nickel Sulfate (NiSO4·7H2O)||180~250g/L|
|Nickel Chloride (NiCl2·6H2O)||45~55g/L|
|Boric Acid (H3BO3)||45~55g/L|
|Nickel MAX 870A brightener||0.2~0.4ml/L|
|Nickel MAX 870B softener||6~10ml/L|
|Y1 wetting agent||1~2ml/L|
|Cathode Current Density||2.5~8.0A/dm2|
|Anodic Current Density||1.0~3.0A/dm2|
|Filtration||Recycle filteration continuously|
|Agitation||Cathode moving or air agitation|
2) Bath Preparation
1. Fill the tank with about 70% water, heat to 70~80℃.
2. Add boric acid (H3BO3), stir until it is thoroughly dissolved.
2. Add the measured nickel sulfate (NiSO4·7H2O) and nickel chloride (NiCl2·6H2O), and stir till they are thoroughly dissolved. Then add water to the volume.
4. Add 1-2 ml/L H2O2 (30%) after dilution, and stir for 2 hours.
5. Add nickel carbonate or 4% sodium hydroxide solution, and adjust pH to 5.2.
6. Then add 3~5 g/L activated carbon powder and stir the bath, and then filter after standing about 3 to 5 hours.
7. Add diluted sulfuric acid (5-10%) to adjust pH to around 4.
8. Use wavy metal plate as cathode, electrolyte until low current region turn black into light gray with small current density 0.1-0.4A/dm².
9. add Nickel MAX 870 additives, and then put into production.